Join a family owned Furniture manufacturer that has a growing seating and panel division!
DARRAN and Cherith Brook Upholstery have merged and are seeking dependable, skilled Furniture Sewers for its newly renovated and air conditioned Upholstery Plant!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Pick bundles of material to carry to sewing machines.
- Check work order/ticket to ensure accurate pieces are pulled
- Line up and/or match cut furniture patterns
- Use matching thread to fabric/leather/vinyl.
- Set up and operate sewing machines to produce completed upholstery covers in fabric, leather or vinyl.
- Check work to make sure it meets quality standards.
- Maintain equipment and work area in an orderly manner.
- Performs other related work as required including cutting
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3+ years sewing experience
- Expertise with Flatwork and Top stitch/double needle operations
- Quality minded
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance
- Competitive Pay
- 401K retirement plan
- End of year profit sharing
- PTO and holidays
CORE INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D Policy
SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Mutual of Omaha group accident, critical illness, and cancer
GET TO KNOW US:
In 1977, DARRAN was founded as an American manufacturer of wood office furniture by two friends. Since then, we have refined and cultivated our craft into who we are today. We take extra care of our customers – our identity as a family-owned business gives authenticity to that tradition. We use quality materials to build industry-leading furniture. American and family-owned and operated, we know that our most valuable assets are our employees and the materials we source from our neighboring businesses right in our backyard in High Point, NC.
Cherith Brook was founded in 2011 by Keith Carter of High Point NC and is now part of DARRAN Furniture. Keith has worked in high end upholstery for over 40 years and successfully owned and operated the business 10 years as an OEM supplier of high end upholstery to many large companies. Keith Carter and his employees will continue working for DARRAN dba Brook bringing his wealth of knowledge and upholstery experience to both companies.
Our mission is to provide “true to craft” products to commercial interiors, with all employees contributing by being artisans at their craft. We take pride in our work and products. We are, first and foremost, craftsmen. We know it takes the experienced hand of an artisan to give attention to detail. DARRAN is American, custom, and true to craft.
We are an equal opportunity employer