|Process Engineer (Non-Remote)
Position reports to Superintendent Manager and coordinates with Design, Engineering, Purchasing and Quality to ensure product standards, production schedule and cost effectiveness are achieved. Primary position is on Shop Floor monitoring, advising and correcting production methods & staff.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor new & existing mfg. processes.
- Applies Lean Mfg. Tools & Methods to ensure most efficient production process is utilized.
- Liason between Engineering and Purchasing to identify material deficiencies and coordinate improvements as needed.
- Indirect Shop Floor Supervisor as needed to ensure process procedures and standards are maintained.
- Assist in Safety & Compliance enforcement and correct actions needed.
- Monitor and conduct job training of new and existing workers to ensure Process / Quality standards are met.
- Develop, Implement and maintain proper use of Shop Floor fixtures and gauges necessary for accurate casement fabrication process.
- Maintain all Mfg. Layout Flow Support System and coordinate maintenance to service or repair as needed.
- Attend all production meetings and related Engineering meetings.
- Take lead to assist and mentor Shop Floor. Good Idea voice input that ensures continuous improvements and cost reductions.
- Develop and Maintain job site Info center that provides critical specifications to ensure key product standards are maintained.
- All other duties, as assigned
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other operating personnel
Experience / Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Mfg. Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- 5-10 years experience in the Furniture manufacturing industry
- Requires strong computer skills and a solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Self motivated, hands-on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills who can following written/verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong Computer Skills that includes AutoCad, Drawing & MRP required.
- Ability to present, communicate and guide personnel in Shop Floor process specifications and standards.
- Good people skills that includes listening and mentoring.
- Strong Organization Skills.
- Demonstrates Energy in Problem Solving Skills.
- Shop Floor Activities include Hands on Environment & Mobility.
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements and new processing developments.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of Solid Works experience required
- Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design
- MRP software experience
- Machine/Assembly furniture drawing experience preferred
- BOM structure knowledge
- Competitive Pay
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation / holidays
CORE INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Medical Insurance,
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D Policy
SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Accident, critical illness, and cancer
GET TO KNOW US:
The name goes back to our roots. In 1977, DARRAN was founded as an American manufacturer of wood office furniture by two friends. Since then, we have refined and cultivated our craft into who we are today. We take extra care of our customers – our identity as a family-owned business gives authenticity to that tradition. We use quality materials to build industry-leading furniture. American and family-owned and operated, we know that our most valuable assets are our employees and the materials we source from our neighboring businesses right in our backyard in High Point, NC.
Our mission is to provide “true to craft” products to commercial interiors, with all employees contributing by being artisans at their craft. We take pride in our work and products. We are, first and foremost, craftsmen. We know it takes the experienced hand of an artisan to give attention to detail. DARRAN is American, custom, and true to craft.