Material Handler - Part Time
|Title:||Material Handler - Part Time|
DARRAN is looking to fulfill a part time role of a Material Handler for machining operations. This position will often use a forklift, hand truck, and other machinery to accept, count, and then move materials to designated locations or specific departments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Move palletized loads to and from machines and inspection areas
- Work very closely with the expeditors, lead people and supervisors of all areas to insure that all work at the bottleneck machines is well planned
- Find ways to improve the flow of product to make the operation more efficient
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trailers
- Check parts to ensure quality standards are met
- Flexibility to be cross trained to assist in other departments as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Forklift license (training available)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Quality minded
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance
GET TO KNOW US:
The name goes back to our roots. In 1977, DARRAN was founded as an American manufacturer of wood office furniture by two friends. Since then, we have refined and cultivated our craft into who we are today. We take extra care of our customers – our identity as a family-owned business gives authenticity to that tradition. We use quality materials to build industry-leading furniture. American and family-owned and operated, we know that our most valuable assets are our employees and the materials we source from our neighboring businesses right in our backyard in High Point, NC.
Our mission is to provide “true to craft” products to commercial interiors, with all employees contributing by being artisans at their craft. We take pride in our work and products. We are, first and foremost, craftsmen. We know it takes the experienced hand of an artisan to give attention to detail. DARRAN is American, custom, and true to craft.
We are an equal opportunity employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications