DARRAN Furniture Industries Seating Division is a high-end contract seating manufacturer. Due to our strong focus on new product introductions, we are currently seeking a Product Engineer with a strong background in engineering and developing contract office furniture. An Industrial Design degree or Engineering degree is preferred. Qualified applicant will have extensive experience with SolidWorks, prototyping skills, and the proven ability to work with many different materials and processes. Strong project management, communication and organizational skills are necessary for this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Evaluate existing parts, along with R&D, before creating new ones.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Purchasing on the development of new parts and create needed documentation.
- Ensure that the development of in-depth specification descriptions on new parts are generated and formal documentation and drawings maintained.
- Create detailed Bill of Materials for items in Price List, including main item and all options.
- Generate and implement Engineering Change Notices. Issue documentation to all need to know personnel and open lines of communication between purchasing, sales, engineering and manufacturing.
- Review Price Lists in the development stages, proofing for corrections, and standardization.
- Develop documentation consisting of detailed instructions, drawings, Photographs, etc. covering the complete process of manufacturing & assembly for each product.
- Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing part drawings for machine plant.
- Develop documentation consisting of detailed assembly drawings for SKU’s in the Price List.
- Provide assistance to Sales & Marketing which require AutoCAD and/or Solid Works drawings.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of Solid Works experience required
- Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design
- MRP software experience
- Machine/Assembly furniture drawing experience preferred
- BOM structure knowledge
- Competitive Pay
- 401K retirement plan
- End of year profit sharing
- Paid vacation / holidays
CORE INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Medical Insurance,
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D Policy
SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE BENEFITS:
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AllState group accident, critical illness, and cancer
GET TO KNOW US:
The name goes back to our roots. In 1977, DARRAN was founded as an American manufacturer of wood office furniture by two friends. Since then, we have refined and cultivated our craft into who we are today. We take extra care of our customers – our identity as a family-owned business gives authenticity to that tradition. We use quality materials to build industry-leading furniture. American and family-owned and operated, we know that our most valuable assets are our employees and the materials we source from our neighboring businesses right in our backyard in High Point, NC.
Our mission is to provide “true to craft” products to commercial interiors, with all employees contributing by being artisans at their craft. We take pride in our work and products. We are, first and foremost, craftsmen. We know it takes the experienced hand of an artisan to give attention to detail. DARRAN is American, custom, and true to craft.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: